Monday, June 7, 2010

Ahhhhhhh

(That's a relaxing ahhhhh not an angry one!)

We are TOTALLY in need of an update!

This weekend was so fun! I got to go to the beach to help celebrate the wedding of a friend from college - my first wedding of the summer - I believe at least 3 more are to come. Anyway, back to the weekend...

So on Friday, after a SUPER exhausting week at school, I decided that I was going to leave RIGHT after school. To accomplish said goal, I sent my kids to their lockers a few minutes early and I shut down my computer, printer, and TV while they were doing that. I grabbed my purse and lunchbox and got them lined up in the hallway BEFORE the bell rang. Once the bell rang, we were down the hallway - they went out to the buses and I walked out the front door! This is something that NEVERS happens for me but Hey! I was going to the beach to see long lost friends - what's a girl to do? REALLY?!

So anyway - man I feel like I will get sidetracked soooo much on this one - my wonderful friend getting married had me stay at the same house as the bride's maids all weekend! This was fantastic for MANY reasons. 1) I didn't have to pay for two nights at a hotel. 2) I got to hang out with/meet some pretty great girls. 3) I was literally 20 yards from the beach. 4) Did I mention it was FREE?

The wedding was held in the NC Aquarium which was kinda cool. You had to walk through some of the exhibits to get to the ceremony and the room where the reception was held is called the Ocean Room. One wall was like being under the sea - glass wall with lots of fish (including multiple sharks) behind it. Totally different from something I would have - should I ever get married - but was really cool and definitely fit Chelsea's personality. Regretfully, I only got to spend about an hour and a half actually at the beach - but I returned home with a pretty sweet sun burn on the back of one of my knees.

This weekend definitely got me excited for the summer coming very soon!

1 comment:

Laura said...

"should i ever get married"???

girl. please don't say such dismal thoughts out loud. we're in the same boat, and your outlook depresses me for both our sakes.