Tuesday, August 24, 2010

It's that time again

So school starts tomorrow (insert sighs, screams, whoops, yawns, or whatever emotion moves you) and I am actually pretty excited about it. I tell you this to forewarn you that my next few posts slash next few months of posts will most likely be school related...rantings, ravings, laughs, etc etc...that you may or may not interest the three of you that actually read this.

My classroom has undergone a total transformation over the past three weeks and I have already started planning for this quarter. Technically I have the whole quarter at least mapped out - thanks to the help of the other 6th grade Social Studies teacher (we are working SMARTER not HARDER) - and already a couple weeks fully planned with accompaniments.

Last night was Open House and I got to meet a lot of my students and their parents. The majority of the students (and parents) are excited mixed with a smidge of nervousness! Like them, I am hoping for a wonderful year full of learning while having fun - I don't wanna be bored and I know for sure that neither do they!

I pray for patience, understanding, guidance, compassion, sanity, and wisdom working with these new students, their parents, my team, and the rest of the staff at school. Your prayers will be greatly appreciated as well!

No comments: