Sunday, September 26, 2010

"How do you feel?"

"Like an idiot!"

Well, lately I have been examining my health and fitness and the knowledge that sometimes walking up a flight of stairs gets me a little winded. I AM SOOOOOOO LAZY and have been since I graduated college. This is nothing like I am watching my weight or trying to lose weight - I can still wear clothes I have from high school - but that does not give me any excuse to be lazy.

Typical day - get up, go to school, come home, sit on the couch w/ tv & dinner, and then go to bed. This has been my life for the past 5 years and I hate being so lazy. In high school I played sports year-round and was active in all kinds of things. Now I am a couch potato!!!! I literally eat a bag of chips while sitting on the couch!

I don't really have any plans to change my eating habits, I tend to stick to a fairly balanced diet with fruits and veggies mixed in whenever possible. But I would really not like to be so lazy...hence the opportunity to tell the lady on the tv that I feel like an idiot.

I started on Monday and have had a pretty irregular routine since then.
Monday: 50 mins of Wii Sports & 30 mins of Pilates
Tuesday: 45 mins of Wii Sports & 30 mins of Pilates
Thursday: 15 mins of Pilates
Sunday: 45 mins of cardio dance

As much as I was movin' & groovin' with the dancing, I was getting frustrated because the lady was doing the moves too fast for me to learn correctly and therefore the comment "I feel like an idiot."

Hoping to get on a more regular routine in the weeks and months to come. Know of any good workouts on FitTV, send them my way!

No comments: