Sunday, March 13, 2011

Why is it almost Monday already?

I am not a fan of daylight saving time! The 'falling back' one hour part is kinda nice but not really worth its 'spring forward' counterpart. Yeah I know it is only one hour but I really think that my body was going to allow me to sleep another hour this morning, which is not normal recently (ie Saturday morning I woke up at 7:30 with no chance of falling back asleep).

I also don't really know where my weekend went...actually I do, I showed some signs of actually having a life and BAM...weekend over.

Really my weekend was jam packed with stuff.
- Awesome country concert on Friday night courtesy of Steel Magnolia, Easton Corbin, and Blake Shelton!
- Nail-biting ACC Tournament Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Disappointing ending for my Heels :(
- Getting my read on - I have been slack lately on reading so I read one all the way through and started another. The first was a sweet fiction book about a middle child that feels Stuck in the Middle with two sisters that have amazing lives and opportunities while she continues to be a 'plain-Joan' that brought real tears to my eyes and down my cheeks and demonstrated how chocolate ice cream has the power to drastically alter a person's life. I also started an interesting non-ficiton memoir-type that was recommended to me by one of my BFFs Maggie Same Kind of Different As Me that has already made me laugh and want to cry.

This has been a GREAT weekend and I guess I just don't want it to be over yet.

So I figure there has been a lot to keep me busy and not notice the time flying by. Knowing this still does not make me excited to go back to work tomorrow. I pray for a better attitude when I wake up.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I couldn't believe it when I got to school this morning. I felt like I had just left...but at least it went by quickly! We had such a good weekend!!! PS Mom gave me that same book that Maggie gave you to read. Can't wait!