Tuesday, July 27, 2010

I miss my friends

OK so this is not a crazy weepy sad post...at least that is not the original intent...but who knows?

As you are aware, or should be aware, I moved 2 hours away from home and everyone I knew a year ago and it has been great. (I actually did move down with two friends but I think you get my point.) Anyway, I am in this new place, starting a new job, and basically trying to start a completely new life - all at the same time. Because of said life altering events, over the past year I have been neglected many of the relationships from my old life. That fact was brought to light tonight when I had dinner with two friends that I have known since 1st grade...FIRST GRADE!!!

Although there have been times when we have been apart, 4 years in elementary school when I switched schools, but they soon joined me and we picked up like we were never apart throughout middle and high school. In college, I happened to live with one of the girls 3 out of the 4 years at Carolina and the other was just in Raleigh and for 2 years we basically saw each other at least once a week. All this is to say that I love the girls a lot but over the past year they have been totally and completely out of my life (and me out of their's) and I realized that I miss them DESPERATELY!!!

We had dinner tonight and it was like nothing changed. We laughed really loud and got some funny looks. We stayed and talked for over 2 hours. WE HAD A BLAST! At the end of the night while saying our goodbyes it was mentioned that a year is really too long to be apart - comments strictly directed my way - to which I completely agree.

All of this to say...I miss my friends and I need to find a way to mix my new life with my old life even if I live an eternity away.

No comments: