Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas Movie Weekend Extravaganza!!!

OH yeah...it happened!!

Laura and I planned this long weekend where we would eat junk food and watch cheeeeeezzzzyy Christmas movies. You can find out more of the planning here but let me just tell you it was a success!

I'm am pretty sure we didn't get through even half of the movies that we wanted but there was A LOT of junk food consumed and 3 full days of movies. We had a blast and I'm thinking that we should make this an annual weekend so anyone that wants to join us next year, claim your seat today!

Food that was eaten:
cookies from students
sausage,cheese, and crackers from one of those Christmas package thingys
hot apple cider
sparkling cider
cinnamon rolls
chips and french onion dip
lentil stew - that was all Laura; I chose not to be adventurous
leftovers

Be jealous!

What were some lessons learned from this weekend?
- Fun romantic things happen around Christmas time.
- Crazy supernatural things happen that bring joy to the world around Christmas.
- All I need to classify a movie as a Christmas movie is for it to be set on or around Christmas whether the time of the year has anything to do with the story or not (ie Sleepless in Seattle).
- I love Christmas!!! (I didn't just learn this now but reaffirmed it.)

I will admit that we did have to take a short but much needed break from the cheezyness. I hope Laura kept track of the movies we watched so we don't repeat.

What an awesome way to start off my two weeks of vacation!

1 comment:

Laura said...

I kept track of the movies through facebook posts! I knew we would want to know...plus, I figured that Elizabeth could keep up with our progress if she wanted to. :-D So fun!!!