Friday, December 31, 2010

Christmas Surprises

Ok so I love trying to figure out what gifts are before I open them - or someone else opens them (depending on who said gift belongs to). I mean some are really easy, especially when no trickery is involved. When you wrap a book or DVD on it's own the most guessing that comes into play is down to specifics. But when I got home and saw this gigantic thing (the blue one) - with no name tag on it - naturally my mind got to working and I secretly hoped it was mine.


It didn't take much cajoling - "Hey Mom...who's is that?" - to figure out who it would soon belong to - "Oh, that big one? Yours." - Yippee! Now the guessing begins. Not out loud, just to myself so my pride won't be hurt when I don't get it right. Some kind of put-it-together-yourself furniture? I do need a new/bigger dresser or bookcase (I think I always need a new one of those. Some sort of DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) esq. game for the Wii? Some kind of wall art to make my room decor a bit more mature? The last option ended up being the closet to the truth. And look how excited I am when I finally opened it up and found out!


FINALLY!!! My diploma frame that I was supposed to get last year - when my mom "forgot". Because it really is every year that one of your children graduate from the best university in the world. NOT! Anyway, I was really excited I mean look at that face. Now I just have to put it on the wall, which may be a while because Christina has had her frame since right after graduation and she still hasn't put her diploma in it, let alone hung it on the wall. Besides, I don't want to put any more holes in the wall.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

so if you wont hang it, what's the big deal that it is a year and a half late? hmmmm????