Monday, January 31, 2011

Some exciting stuff here!

Ok...so...all the cool kids are doing it. So why not me? Page started it and I checked it out. Laura did it and I checked it out. Noticed I hadn't posted in a while so I checked it out and found one that I definitely know a lot about. It's a writer's workshop to give you ideas and prompts to write/think about.

10 reasons why you can't sleep at night

1. Most of the time it's because my mind won't shut up and go to sleep. It's too busy worrying about things I have to do tomorrow, things I forgot to do today, what am I going to wear tomorrow, and it goes on and on and on.

2. There is something on TV that I really want to watch.

3. There is NOTHING on TV that I want to watch but I get sucked into anyway ie. History Channel, Food Network, WE TV, etc. etc.

4. It is too cold in the room.

5. It is too hot in the room.

6. Woke myself up out of a bad dream and now I have to watch TV or read a book to think about something else.

7. I accidentally took a 3 hour nap after work and have since caught a second wind.

8. What am I going to do if I can't think of 10 things to complete this list?

9. Anticipation for a big event or trip coming up.

10. For some reason I still have trouble going to sleep the night before the first day of school. (I guess this could technically go with #9 but whatever it's my list!)

There you go. A little insight into my insomnia.

2 comments:

Laura said...

I'm def a #7. And #8 doesn't count, so it's kind of stressing me out a little bit. I see an addendum in your future.

Brandi said...

First of all #8 definitely counts bc I was stuck for a long time trying to get those last few but I was not going to sleep until I finished. Second of all I don't think you "accidentally" take naps. I think you do it on purpose.