Monday, November 22, 2010

Things that I am thankful for...

This is in no way meant to be an extensive list but I think its a good start!

1) Books - lots and lots of them. Basically how I spend a lot of my free, quiet time. I like all kinds of books but mainly ficiton - rom/coms. One day I hope to have a "study" or full-on library. Future-husband...be prepared!

2) Fairy tales - book and movie versions. These give me hope that "one day my prince will come" (Snow White) and that friendships can sometimes grow into something more "there's something there that wasn't there before" (Beauty & the Beast) and that some times you just need to relax "Hakunna Matata" - "it means no worries" (Lion King). I think there is a little truth to all of them and I like to think that my life will include some bit of a fairy tale and one of its happily ever afters!

3) Traveling - whether it is a road trip or a trip across an ocean I LOVE IT! As I was growing up my family took cross-country vacations to visit relatives and see the wonderful things America has to offer. I got a bit older and had a great opportunity to fly over the pond to tour the British Isles for a few weeks. I just submitted an application to hopefully travel to Russia - not only as an opportunity to gain more knowledge for the classroom but to also put a few more stamps on my passport and take awesome pictures and do something that no one in my family has done before and expand my travels of the world and because it would be REALLY fun!

4) My Job - although I complain about it a lot I am happy to have a job. I am thankful for the paycheck - however small it is. I am thankful for the 5 AWESOME minutes out of a dreaded 7 hr Monday. I am thankful for many of my coworkers that keep me sane and for those that irritate the mess out of me so I have snother thing to complain about. I am thankful for all of my students even though I don't act like it all the time.

5) My friends - those near and far. I have two close friends here in town that are basically all I have most of the time. They are here when I need them and away when I need alone time. We go to movies, or stay home and watch movies, go to hockey or baseball games, go on spontaneous (and sometimes planned) trips, etc etc. My far away friends - I am still thankful for you even though I don't see your wonderful faces very often, I stay up with your lives via Facebook or Twitter or your blog (when you decide to update it), little things that happen throughout the day remind me of you and brighten my day.

6) My family - even though we don't talk often or at all really. I have lots of family - by blood and by marriage - and although sometimes it is tough to get along or even acknowledge that we are any kind of relation, I am SUPER thankful to have you around - every once in a while :)

7) My God - because He has provided me with all of the above and sooooooo much more! I don't even really know how to elaborate on this one - it just is what it is - and that is something to be truly grateful for!

I think this list is in the opposite direction of importance but I think that is just a build up to make it great! There are lots more things that I am thankful and grateful for but I don't really know that you care.

I hope to always remember the things that I have and always be grateful for them - even when I don't feel like it. Maybe you will be inspired to make a list of your own!

No comments: